By Joshua Langston
Photos by Viranlly Liemena
The Deighton Cup is just over a week away and the anticipation is killing us for this years event. We have seen a lot of growth with Deighton Cup over the years, and this year is going to be the biggest yet. On Saturday July 25th The Deighton Cup takes over Hastings Race Course, so get your hats and derby attire ready.
From our Deighton inspired editorial we collaborated on with StyleCalling, see the rest of the looks for inspiration here
This year $5 from the sale of each ticket will go to Variety – The Children’s Charity. These proceeds will help fund 1400 individual grants for life-saving, life-changing and life-enriching support to children with special needs in BC. Giving back has never been so easy, or fashionable.
There are several ticket levels and packages you can choose from:
- Concourse & Grandstand Area ($35 – New this year!) ticket holders will enjoy access to the inaugural Concourse & Grandstand Area, eight adrenaline-pumping horse races and a complimentary welcome craft cocktail.
- Concourse & Grandstand Area with Upgraded Lunch ($47 – New this year!) Add a freshly prepared, Southern-style sandwich-and-salad lunch by Cocktails and Canapés Catering to a Concourse and Grandstand Area ticket for an additional $12.
- Marquee VIP ($75) ticket includes full access to the Concourse level, welcome craft cocktail and picnic lunch, as well as elevated access to The Deighton Cup’s traditional VIP Areas: the Lounge of Leisure, Field of Dreams, Cigar Lounge and Champagne Stage. Marquee VIP guest are also eligible for The Style Stakes and Gallant Sartorial awards. Winners will have their names engraved on The Deighton Cup for posterity and win a weekend getaway, courtesy of our partners.
- The Cocktail Jockey Mixology Competition ($150) limited to 50 tickets, this includes full access to the Marquee VIP Area as well as admission to the Hastings Grandstand Skybox Patio for the 3rd Annual Cocktail Jockey Mixology Competition, presented by Bulleit Frontier Bourbon. Get shaken and stirred as the city’s top bartenders compete before an all-star judging panel to win bragging rights and $1,000 cash!
- Marquee Experience VIP Package ($2,500 for 8 guests) is the ultimate in race-day revelry. Receive full Marquee VIP access for your party as well as private seating on the trackside Champagne Stage, three bottles of premium Champagne and tableside lunch service.
- Grandstand Private Suite ($2,950 for up to 30 guests – New this year!) A branded, reserved trackside suite for up to 30 guests, private bar with dedicated server and 30 drink tickets, Southern-style sandwich-and-salad lunch and charcuterie and cheese spread refreshed throughout the afternoon.
1. Like The Social Life on Facebook and comment on this post.
2. Like The Social Life on Instagram and comment on the contest photo tagging 3 friends.
3. Follow @The_Social_Life on twitter and tweet
” We want to get fancy at @deightoncup with @The_Social_Life http://bit.ly/1J59hyy ” [without the quotations]
So start getting your outfits, we can’t to see what you will be wearing. I also heard that Joshua will be one of the judges this year for The Style Stakes to crown this years best dressed woman (Belle Du Jour) and man (Gallant Sartorialist), who will win $500!
The Deighton Cup – Lucky Number Seven
Date: Saturday, July 25, 2014
Time: 12pm to 6 pm. Post Time (first race), 1:45 pm
Location: Hastings Racetrack (188 N. Renfrew St.)