The Blonds celebrated their 10th Anniversary with a truly breathtaking showcase of the glamour they are known for.
The Blonds spring/summer 2017 runway presentation brought forth a hybrid of the old and ever-adapting new. The design duo revisited their signatures in celebration of their milestone anniversary as well as the debut of evening gowns and menswear.
The tone of the show was set by a soundtrack of a wide range of talents from Lana Del Rey, metal music and a slight homage to “Clash of the Titans.”
The collection consisted of mainly silver, platinum gold and nude with an array of bombers, muscle sweaters, gowns, corsets and bodysuits; adorned with crystal embroidery, sequins, pleats and laser-cut detailing. This unforgettable collection held everything exquisite that the Blonds are known for through a collection, that for the first time, is attainable to a mass market.
IN THE FROW
The FROW included celebrity attendees Kelly Osbourne (and her infamous pup Polly,) Dascha Polanco, Christina Milian, Ireland Baldwin and renowned fashion stylist (ahem, Beyonce’s stylist) Ty Hunter.
Here are a few life lessons that the Blonds’ creative team reminded us of during their SS17 presentation, are you ready?
- Never underestimate the power of big hair.
- It’s not fashion week unless Kelly Osbourne and her pup are in the FROW.
- Metallics are never a bad decision, be it your clothes, your accessories or your shoes.
- Don’t say you can’t pull it off.
- Thigh high boots are never out of style.
- Pleats, pleats, pleats please.
- Silver flower crowns are an absolute must.
- T-Shirts + Sequins: everything.
- You need more sequins and diamonds in your life, period.
- Walk every step of your life as if it’s the runway of your dreams, because you deserve nothing but the chance to shine.